The Paws that Refreshes

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Day After...

No, I didn't have a heart attack. No, I don't feel impending doom. No, I don't feel that my life will be different come somewhere around January 6, 2007.

I'm talking about yesterday's election.

Historically, the chambers switch around every 12-14 years, and this mid-term has held true in that regard.

The next census will show that the Northeast and other portions of the northern part of our country are now overrepresented and the number of elected representatives will be adjusted accordingly. Nearly 500 American citizens move to Atlanta each day. This is happening all over the South. This leaves a disproportionate population of liberals up North, as evidenced by yet another re-election of doddering Ted Kennedy.

I think it's perfectly fine for you left-of-center folks to enjoy your victory. I'm counting on our new representatives to do their best for all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home